Soo, I kind of took a bit of hiatus from the blog-o-sphere for a while there… As I said before, life has a funny habit of getting in the way of blogging. Don’t worry, though. I’m hoping to make up for it with this and future posts (I hope).
I took a video of my MovNat combo-workout-playtime-thing (call it what you will) earlier for anyone who’s interested, but also for myself to watch my form/posture etc. It consists of:
- hand-foot balancing across wobbly trees
- tripod transitions on said wobbly trees
- a deep knee stand/bend
- jumping from stone to stone (yes I’m landing on stones even though you can’t really see them in the brush)
- tree climbing using the leg-swing technique
- lifting and throwing a rock above me and over a branch
That’s basically repeated with some variation for 2-3 rounds or until I decided that was enough. I was going at a nice easy pace to focus on movement quality, but unfortunately that resulted in the video being pretty lengthy. The blooper at the end was the result of not getting a solid grip with my legs before attempting to hang upside down.. although, it almost looks like I meant to do that after watching it. I assure you, it did not feel as smooth in my head when it was happening.. 🙂 Anyway, here it is:
The music is from Daft Punk’s new album Random Access Memories.